At K Health we are on a mission to give everyone access to smarter answers and quality health care that costs dramatically less.
We’ve built the most informed primary care platform in existence, combining the knowledge of thousands of doctors with deep clinical data from around the world. By applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) to medicine, we are solving the healthcare inequities of access and affordability and constructing the future of care for us all.
Since our founding in 2016, K Health has raised over $270M in VC funding and our recent valuation brought us to Unicorn status.
K Health’s approach is unique in that it combines the knowledge of thousands of doctors, mathematicians, data scientists, and engineers to create a consumer-obsessed product loved by over 4 million users. Join K Health in helping people across the world become healthier through hesitation-free, quality healthcare that works.
K Health is looking for a system security engineer, who enjoys security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space to join our security team!
The successful candidate will have an essential part in ensuring the information security of our business. The Information Security Engineer will Be responsible for building, improving and operating security systems, supporting and maintaining K Health compliance requirements, and analyzing security incidents. In addition, such candidate must be highly motivated, natural “security go-to person”, capable of finding solutions and applying them with zero friction.
- Understand complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
- Responsible in implementation processes and procedures to achieve and maintain internal and external compliances (e.g. HIPAA, SOC and ISO 27001) and other regulations including methods for ongoing monitoring of compliance status
- Identify current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats
- Conduct proactive research to analyse security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
- Establish technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Analyze, escalate and assist in remediation of information security incidents
- 4+ years of proven technical and operational working experience in information security, detection, and related field
- Comprehensive understanding of the security landscape
- Experience in GCP & AWS Cloud Infrastructure, K8S, Docker
- Experience in Networking / System / DevOps are an advantage
- Good knowledge in privacy, audit, compliance, and risk management
- Advanced hands-on experience configure and troubleshoot security systems
- Background in an information security incident response is an advantage
- Experience with defining and implementing policy procedures
- Familiarity with code security lifecycle is an advantage
- Strong communication skills with technical staff and business owners
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Outstanding communication skills that go beyond “tech talk” – the ability to translate complex matters to those without an IT background
- Strong time management and organisational skill
- Must be organized, goal-oriented, and a self-starter
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, CIPP, GIAC, or similar certification is an advantage
- Ability to manage tasks and projects independently
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
At K Health, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. K Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.
Some of Our Key Benefits
- Free K Health membership: Enjoy the same 24/7 access to doctors our customers get
- 401(k) program: Plan for your future with retirement savings options
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage: We offer top notch coverage because your health is our #1 priority
- Support for emotional health: Access to a confidential support service to assist a variety of everyday issues
- Weekly team lunches: Once a week we get together for a team lunch, on K!
- Gym reimbursements: Get rewarded for exercising through our insurance provider
- Student loan assistance: Refinance with our partners and receive additional savings
- Pet insurance discounts: Your furry family’s health is also a priority!
- Pre-tax commuter & flexible spending accounts: Save money on your commute—whether by car, train, bus, or bike
- Additional perks and savings: We provide hundreds of employer sponsored discounts!
- A front seat to change the world through better healthcare